At Solutions30 we provide infrastructure services to the telecoms and energy sectors across the UK, and due to an exciting new stage of growth, we are seeking several Fibre Build Engineers to work in 2-man teams on fibre build projects across Peterborough or London.
As a Fibre Build Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of the fibre build, including installation of fibre cable, blown fibre bundles, and splicing and testing (if trained to do so) on existing and new networks in line with various client specifications. In return, not only will we provide a competitive salary, vehicle, tools, and any additional training. You will also benefit from extensive mentoring and have structured career development opportunities within our rapidly growing organisation.
The Fibre Build Engineer will also be responsible for:
• Understanding job packs
• Integrating fibre paths
• Blowing fibre
• Locating blockages (Training available if required)
• Arranging collection of stores in line with weekly work schedules
• Understanding signing, lighting & guarding requirements as per NRSWA specifications to ensure your site set up is compliant
• Reading and understanding BT Duct diagrams (Training available if required)
• Understanding the A55 process to be compliant to PIA standards
• The production of SLD’s on successful completion of tasks along with the creation of accurate A55 documents using Planpoint application or similar – Training available
• Providing updates on daily progress reports through the client mobile APP taking supporting photographs for authorisation of payments
• Working unsupervised in teams of two.
• Adherence to Solutions30 Health and Safety policies at all times
• Working with the Field Based Build Manager to progress the deliver in line with project plans
We would welcome applicants with the following skills and experience:
• Full UK manual driving licence held for a minimum of 12 months.
• Minimum 6 months experience working in the PIA network
• Knowledge of Civils’ avoidance techniques
• Experience with installation of sub-ducts
• Excellent Health and safety Awareness
• Knowledge of working at Height regulations
• Experience using a GDU
• Good communication skills with a customer focus
• Preferably you will hold a NOPS card and be accredited in the following:
o NRSWA Operative – Desired
o City & Guilds 3667 – Essential
o S7 - PIA Subduct and cabling installation or K08 UG Cabling – Desired
o SA001 - Safety Overground – Desired o SA002 - Safety Underground – Essential
o S7 - PIA Sub-Duct and Cable Installation – Essential
o S8 PIA overhead cable installation – Desired o N26 - One Fibre Network in the Underground – Desired
o N28 One Fibre Network Cabling in Underground Network – Desired o Confined Space medium risk (for manhole cabling works only) - Desired
If accreditations are not held or have expired, we can support you in re-accreditation Interested and want to know more? Click Apply today!
Location: Field based across Peterborough or London
Start Date: ASAP Perm Salary: £35K - £40k + Van, fuel, tools, and training (DOE) Contract Rates: £300/day or £240/day + Van (all-inclusive rates - Outside IR35)